USA Today Names 'All-USA Teacher Team'
Twenty teachers from around the country have been named to this year's "All-USA Teacher Team," a program sponsored by USA Today that recognizes instructors and instructional teams for "outstanding" teaching. This year's recipients will receive $500 individual awards and $2,000 for their schools.
Winners for the 2007 competition were selected by a panel of judges that included past winners and members of various education-related associations. USA Today and the co-sponsors of the awards developed the criteria for the selection process. These co-sponsors included the National Association of Secondary School Principals, National Middle School Association, National Association of Elementary School Principals, American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education, and the National Education Association.
The winners were:
- Benita Hackett Albert, Oak Ridge High School (TN);
- Nancy G. Barile, Revere High School (MA);
- Nancy J. Berry, Liza Jackson Preparatory School (FL);
- Peg Cagle, Lawrence Gifted/Highly Gifted Magnet (CA);
- Gregory Fisher, California Academy of Mathematics and Science (CA);
- Vincent J. Floriani, Jr., Claxton Elementary School (NC);
- Linda M. Jarzyniecki, Greenville High School (AL);
- Rebecca Johns, Troy High School (MI);
- Michael L. Lampert, West Salem High School (OR);
- Amber L. Larkin, Billingsville Elementary School (NC);
- Basil G. Lee, Benjamin Banneker High School (GA);
- Valorie Ann Lewis, Stigler Grade School (OK);
- Alan Mac Nair, Troy High School & Smith Middle School (MI);
- Jerry L. Parks, Georgetown Middle School (KY);
- Jill Putney, Tradewinds Elementary School (FL);
- Corky Schroeder, Valley Community School (CA);
- Jeffrey Thompson, Evergreen Elementary (WA);
- Linda K. White, Haycock Elementary School (VA);
- William Yucuis, Lyman High School (FL); and
- Gayle Solis Zavala, Gove Elementary (FL).
More information about the winners can be found at the link below.
READ MORE DAILY NEWS
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at email@example.com
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.