NetSupport School 10 Expands Collaboration Features
NetSupport this week released a major update to NetSupport School, the company's classroom monitoring and control suite. Version 10 includes a variety of enhancements to existing features and adds several new ones, including a teacher toolbar, tech console, and student journals.
NetSupport products allow educators and administrators to monitor and control individual computers in classroom and remote environments. With NetSupport School, teachers can also conduct polls in the classroom and share results on the fly, as well as record keyboard, mouse, and screen activity.
The new version 10 includes expanded monitoring and control features, including enhanced keyboard monitoring, student toolbar, printer management, security configuration warnings, and classroom layouts.
Other new and enhanced features include:
- Automatically generated PDF student journals, which allow students to capture relevant materials from a lesson;
- A new Tech Console designed for lab technicians and network admins;
- A Teacher Toolbar for quick access to common features;
- Enhanced surveys and assessments;
- Enhanced chat features (with color coding and emoticons);
- Enhanced group leader functions; and
- A new feature called Teacher Assist for requesting help from the Teacher console.
NetSupport School 10 is available now. A free 40-seat evaluation version is also available. Further information can be found here.
Get daily news from THE Journal's RSS News Feed
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at [email protected]
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at [email protected].