Teaching Tools | Research
Free Online Gradebook Adds iPad Support
Attendance tracking in LearnBoost lets teachers drill down to "at a glance" views of individual students' records.
Education developer LearnBoost has added support for Apple's iPad to its free online gradebook and classroom management system.
LearnBoost, which debuted last month, goes beyond gradebook functionality to provide attendance management, seating charts, class rosters, and policy management. And it provides lesson plan capabilities, including a visual editor for creation and management. The software also integrates with Google Calendar.
With new support for Apple's iOS devices, iPad users can use the system from their mobile devices in the same way the would from traditional computers. LearnBoost indicated that about 90 percent of the functionality works flawlessly, while about 10 percent are still not fully supported. (As of this writing, file upload is one of the unsupported features.)
Some specific features include:
- Automatic weighted grading;
- Support for custom grading scales;
- Export to third-party applications;
- "At a glance" attendance records for individual students;
- Support for multimedia file attachments for lesson plans; and
- Support for aligning elements of a lesson plan with Common Core State Standards.
LearnBoost said future iterations of the software will include student and parent logins, as well as collaboration features. Further information is available here.