AV & Presentation | News
Sanyo Launches LCD Classroom Projectors
Sanyo's PLC-WK2500 is a sub-$1,000 WXGA LCD projector with a 2,500-lumen brightness and 3,000:1 contrast ratio.
Sanyo has debuted four new LCD-based classroom projectors, including one sub-$1,000 WXGA model.
The new PLC-WK2500 is a sub-$1,000 WXGA (1,280 x 800 resolution) projector with a 2,500-lumen brightness and 3,000:1 contrast ratio. The other new LCD models include the PLC-XK3010, an XGA (1,024 x 768 resolution) model with a brightness of 3,000 lumens and a contrast ratio of 2,000:1; the PLC-XK2600, an XGA model with a brightness of 2,600 lumens and a contrast ratio of 2,000:1; and the PLC-XK2200, an XGA model with a brightness of 2,200 lumens and a contrast ratio of 2,000:1.
Features common to all of the new projectors in the WK and XK lines include:
- Wired LAN connectivity (RJ-45) for monitoring and controlling the projector;
- RS-232C control;
- Lamp life of 6,000 hours in economy mode;
- Improved filtering designed to cut down on maintenance costs (5,500-hour expected filter life when the project is used in economy mode);
- Automatic setup mode;
- Automatic iris control for adjusting light output on the fly;
- Automatic ±20 degree keystone correction to compensate for surface or projector tilt (±30 degree vertical keystone correction when adjusted manually);
- 1.2x zoom; and
- 1.44:1 to 1.72:1 throw ratio.
AV inputs and outputs on all of the new models include RGB (mini D-sub 15-pin), which can be used for S-video input via an adapter; composite video (RCA); stereo minijack in; stereo RCA in; monitor out; and stereo minijack out. The lines also incorporate a 10 watt mono speaker.
The WXGA PLC-WK2500 shipped in November. It sells for $995. The PLC-XK3010, PLC-XK2600, and PLC-XK2200 are expected to ship this month for $1,145, $995, and $845, respectively. The Further information can be found here.