LMS | News
Omnibus 8.0 LMS Gets Personalized UI, Enhanced Reporting
Inmedius has released an update to its Web-based learning management system for small organizations, Omnibus.
The new release, version 8.0, includes a customizable app-formatted interface along with eight e-learning and instructor-led training apps.
The apps are:
- My Learning, which shows students a list of courses they are working on;
- Upcoming Events, which lets users see and change their session schedule;
- How I'm Doing, which reveals student results with graphics;
- Notifications, which identify critical information;
- Announcements, which circulates information about training and development;
- My Transcript, which displays a list of all finished courses and certifications;
- Course Catalog, which shows the student what he or she should currently be working on; and
- Group Discussion, which offers access to RSS feeds on the homepage.
New features in Omnibus Version 8.0 include:
- Personalized homepages, which provide access to external apps like Google Gadgets, Twitter, Facebook, and Gmail;
- Ability for students to choose screen layout;
- Support for Tomcat 7.0, MYSQL 5.5, and Internet Explorer 9; and
- Enhanced layout of reporting and administrative interface.
For more information, visit the Omnibus Learning Web site.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and followed on Twitter @editortim.