Classroom Management | News
LanSchool Adds Tech Console to Classroom Management Solution
Stoneware's LanSchool Classroom Management software now includes a free 1-year subscription to the company's Tech Console.
LanSchool allows teachers to control devices in their classrooms and manage their access to the Internet, applications, and USB drives.
The Tech Console, which will be available for free with the classroom management software at the end of February, will allow IT personnel to:
- Manage security settings;
- Manage OS patches;
- View hardware and software inventories and distribute software over the network;
- Provide remote control or chat support;
- Set power profiles;
- Generate reports on technology use in the classroom;
- Prevent cyberbullying;
- Send out emergency notifications;
- Share files;
- Remotely login devices; and
- Control Windows SteadyState disk protection.
New LanSchool customers will receive the console as part of their software license and existing customers will receive the new features free of charge.
More information is available at lanschool.com/techconsole.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.