Dashboards | News
eChalk Debuts Customizable Dashboard Tool
eChalk has debuted Personal Dashboard, a new tool designed to allow users of the company's learning management software to organize and prioritize the information they receive through the system. Personal Dashboard, which was introduced this week at ISTE 2013 in San Antonio, TX, is available to use on any device.
"The Personal Dashboard enables each individual to organize content in the way that's most meaningful and efficient to him or her – it's completely unique to the user," said Torrance Robinson, chief product officer at eChalk, in a prepared statement. "Students, teachers and parents now have one central place for communication and instruction, and all users have simple access to the vital information they need daily."
eChalk Personal Dashboard features a drag-and-drop interface -- with customizable, movable tiles -- that allows users to personalize the order of the content that they receive. The new tool, which will be rolled out to schools and districts this summer, will include the following tiles, each personalized for the user:
- Announcements about school, class, or groups;
- Upcoming Events, with updates on sporting events, class assignments, and school and district happenings;
- Homework Drop Box Status where users can view and monitor homework assignments;
- Activity Feed with notifications from blogs, discussion posts, and student homework drop boxes;
- Resources where users can store study guides, schedules, and the like;
- Members with directories of friends, teachers, and other important contacts.
Additional information about eChalk's new tool can be found at the company's Web site.
Kanoe Namahoe is online editor for 1105 Media's Education Group. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.