Collaboration | News
Smart Notebook 2014 Software Gets Keyboard-Free Editing, 3D Tools, Enhanced Mobile Support
Smart Technologies has released the a new version of its collaborative learning software, Smart Notebook 2014.The latest iteration offers a number of new features, including the following:
- Ink Editing enables teachers to use the new Text Pen to write and edit text within Notebook software to create a keyboard-free teaching experience.
- Smart Notebook math software powered by GeoGebra offers thousands of math content objects and interactive activities in geometry, algebra, calculus and statistics for both PC and Mac platforms.
- SMART Response VE eases the transition between lesson delivery and assessment and offers real-time insight into student progress.
- XC Collaboration lets students send text and content from mobile devices to Smart Notebook lesson activities.
- Smart Notebook Connect offers a live professional development channel inside Smart Notebook.
- 3D Tools are designed to provide immersive learning.
Customers upgrading to Smart Notebook 2014 will need a subscription to Smart Notebook Advantage, an optional annual subscription that gives schools and districts access to the new features along with a suite of plug-ins, widgets, learning content and subject-specific add-ons. A one-year subscription to Notebook Advantage is included with each Smart Notebook software license. The suggested price for a single, annual renewal for Smart Notebook Advantage in the United States is $54. Volume and duration discounts are available.
Christopher Piehler is the former editor-in-chief of THE Journal.