Mobile Device Management | News
iBoss MobileEther Now Supports Apple's Device Enrollment Program
iboss Network Security’s MobileEther, which combines MDM and Web security in a single console, now supports single-step device enrollment of Apple devices in the cloud through the Apple Device Enrollment Program (DEP).
Apple DEP streamlines MDM for institutionally owned devices, and integration with MobileEther adds an additional layer of security by transparently binding each device with user-specific Web and application security policies. Integration with Apple DEP eliminates the need for IT to physically touch devices, since the program is managed in the cloud.
Key features of iboss MobileEther with support for Apple DEP include the following:
- Bulk management of serial numbers and synchronization with DEP to particular device groups;
- Out-of-box Web security;
- A device setup assistant to automatically configure MDM;
- Automatic re-enrollment of devices, even if they are lost or stolen and reset to factory defaults;
- Allowing IT to set up and apply policies before turning on devices;
- Preventing users from circumventing enforced policies by enabling remote MDM profile lock;
- Assigning devices to specific user profiles when syncing so admins can configure profiles for different access rights; and
- Delegating administrators in Apple’s DEP portal to manage devices.
Christopher Piehler is the former editor-in-chief of THE Journal.