Networking & Wireless
Silex Intros Wireless Adapter for Interactive Displays
Silex Technology, a provider of
wired and wireless networking products, has introduced the SX-ND-4350WAN, a wireless interactive display adapter and wireless access
The adapter can project the screen of a Windows laptop or tablet to an
interactive white board, TV or short-focus projector over a wireless connection,
and it enables touch operation of the interactive display over that wireless
connection, according to information on the company's site. Implementing this
technology in the classroom lets teachers move around the room freely while
controlling the interactive display from their tablet.
The SX-ND-4350WAN also includes software that lets teachers share the
display's screen with any device that has a Web browser, including computers,
laptops, tablets and smartphones.
Key features of the SX-ND-4350WAN display adapter include:
- Dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi;
- Support for up to 56 wireless client devices;
- Wireless interactive image projection and touch operation between
Windows tablets or computers and an interactive display;
- Bidirectional data transfer with USB devices including real-time
response to USB touch and input;
- Full HD 1080p (1,920 x 1,080) video resolution at up to 30 frames per
- NetDA Manager software for searching for NetDA devices, connecting and
disconnecting from monitors and touch input and querying connection status;
- Screen sharing to any device with a Web browser.
The SX-ND-4350WAN display adapter is available now with an MSRP of $499.
Further information can be found on Silex Technology's site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.