Kurzweil Education Releases Text-to-Speech Upgrade
Kurzweil Education is rolling out Kurzweil 1000 Version 14, the latest version of its text-to-speech software. The technology combines scanning, imaging processing and text-to-speech tools to make printed or electronic text accessible to people who are blind or visually impaired. In addition, the software boasts organizational features to aid communication and productivity, such as note-taking, bookmarks, content summaries and an appointment calendar with audible reminders.
New features in Version 14 include:
- The option to extract images into PDF files;
- Recognition of PNG files;
- Optical character recognition upgrades;
- A new scanning mode;
- An improved proofreading mechanism;
- The ability to record voice notes;
- Advanced editing capabilities; and
- Enhanced navigation within documents.
A free 30-day trial is available. For more information, visit the Kurzweil Education site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at email@example.com.