21st Century Learning
Follett to Offer HarperCollins E-books
Follett Learning, a provider of K-12 educational materials and technology, has partnered with HarperCollins Publishers to offer nearly 18,000 more e-books for preK-12 students through its Titlewave and Destiny Library Manager platforms.
Titlewave is Follett's online collection development and curriculum support tool, and Destiny Library Manager is the company's school library management system that integrates with Titlewave. With this partnership, Follett has significantly expanded the number of titles available through its platforms.
HarperCollins e-books that will be available through Titlewave include the following:
- The Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis;
- Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery;
- The Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder;
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; and
- Harper Lee's recently discovered novel, Go Set a Watchman, which will be published on July 14 and features characters from To Kill a Mockingbird.
Titlewave offers more than 12 million books for preK-12 students and lets educators search for books by title, author, ISBN, reading level, keyword and publication date.
According to information from the company, Follett hopes this expanded e-book collection, "along with features that encourage student collaboration and teacher involvement" will help drive the use of e-books in schools.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].