StoryBots Adds Free Videos, Activities for Whiteboards, Tablets
JibJab Bros. Studios has expanded StoryBots with StoryBots Classroom, a free resource featuring hundreds of activities, videos and books for use with tablets, laptops and interactive whiteboards, as well as StoryBots Math Skills, a new collection of math lessons and games for kindergarten students.
Launched in 2012, according to a news release, "StoryBots leverages JibJab's iconic Starring You personalization technology to allow kids to see themselves dancing and singing along onscreen next to their favorite StoryBots characters."
Resources and activities featured in StoryBots Classroom include:
- Common Core-aligned math games for kindergarten students;
- More than 100 animated music videos on a variety of topics;
- More than 90 e-books for reading practice;
- Starring You videos, designed to offer a quick personalized reward or break from classroom activities;
- Printable books with more than 350 activity sheets; and
- Teacher tools, such as a class roster, lesson planner and group builder, to help teachers manage the classroom and create custom plans.
"StoryBots is exactly what kindergarteners need! It is fun, engaging, uplifting, auditory, interactive and educational, all in one," said Kelly Wade, kindergarten teacher at Collins Elementary in Grand Rapids, MI, in a prepared statement. "We use StoryBots daily in my classroom — from whole class warm-ups, to small group differentiated practice, to one-on-one remediation."
About the Author
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at [email protected].