NetSupport Expands IT Asset Management to iOS, Chrome
NetSupport has updated its IT asset management solution to work with a wider array of operating systems, to better manage users and more.
The latest iteration, NetSupport DNA: Version 4.5 — Education Edition, adds support for iOS and Chrome in addition to macOS. "From real-time monitoring to internet metering and internet safety tools including keyword alerting , technicians can now gain a complete overview of all activity — regardless of platform — and gather data on how their technology is being used which will aid informed decision making in the future," according to a news release.
The new version also offers time-based summaries of specific users, PCs or departments, showing what time a session was logged on and off, what applications were used and when and internet usage, all over a specified time.
Other new features include:
- The ability to use profiles to assign settings to groups of devices or users, allowing, for example, students in some grades but not others to access social media;
- Use bookmarks to navigate between different views;
- Deny access after multiple incorrect logins;
- The ability to check real-time performance data, such as CPU or memory usage;
- A "locate a user" tool that allows staff to find and contact other users;
- When key words are triggered, images of the user and the screen are captured and a log of the incident is made to allow for follow up; and
- Teachers can "add a concern" if a student is having an issue.
"With this update to the Education Edition of DNA, we're giving schools the ability to monitor and support users across a multi-platform environment, which is a huge benefit for those operating a range of technologies on site; allowing them to see all activity and apply profiles to groups and departments to boost efficiency even further," said Al Kingsley, managing director of NetSupport, in a prepared statement.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.