Corel Launches Painter X Curriculum
2/8/2007—Corel Tuesday launched a new version of its painting an illustration suite, Painter X. Following that release, the company also announced a new visual arts curriculum at the annual convention of the Texas Computer Education Association (TCEA). The first part of the curriculum, called "Digital Painting and Sketching Using Corel Painter X," is now available free of charge.
The new Painter X curriculum, created by high school art teacher Stephanie Reese, is designed to help educators integrate Painter X into art and photography classes. It's divided into three units, each covering five 45-minute classes, including an introduction to the tools, paints and brushes; composition techniques using the new Divine Proportion tool; rotoscoping; and miscellaneous drawing and painting techniques.
Painter X was unveiled earlier this week and is now available for pre-order. It will be available to education customers through Corel's education licensing program later this month.
New features in Corel Painter X include:
- Expanded paint capabilities through the new RealBristle parameters and brush category;
- A Divine Proportion tool for composition based on classical principles;
- New workflow and performance enhancements, including native support for Intel-based Macs and Windows Vista;
- New color management features;
- Expanded Wacom tablet support;
- Enhancements to Auto-Painting through the Auto-Paint and Underpainting palettes;
- Expanded mixer capabilities;
- A layout grid; and
- New Dodge and Burn tools.
A trial version is available now. See the link below for our review of Painter X or for more information from Corel's site.
:: READ MORE DAILY NEWS ::
About the author: Dave Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's educational technology online publications and electronic newsletters. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have any additional questions? Want to share your story? Want to pass along a news tip? Contact Dave Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.