Program To Award Wireless Lab Grants, Digital Media Gear
Discovery Education and CDW Government (CDW-G) have opened their 2009 Win a Wireless Lab sweepstakes for K-12 schools. The program will award five technology bundles valued at about $45,000 each, along with several smaller classroom technology awards.
The Win a Wireless Lab sweepstakes, in its fifth year, is designed to provide schools with "state of the art" technology and to encourage teachers to integrate technology in the classroom. The program will provide five $45,000 technology grants, which will include:
- A Discovery Education digital media grant;
- 20 notebook or tablet computers from HP, Lenovo, or Toshiba;
- One projector from Epson or NEC Solutions;
- One document camera from AVerMedia;
- One printer from Epson or HP;
- One camcorder from Sony;
- One interactive whiteboard from Promethean, or PolyVision;
- 20 Student Response Devices from Promethean, or PolyVision;
- Three wireless access points from D-Link, Linksys or Netgear; and
- A Bretford mobile cart.
In addition to the grand prizes, the companies will also award Epson or NEC projectors to 10 first-place winners, Acer or Sony laptops to 10 second-place winners, and Canon camcorders to five third-place winners.
CDW-G and Discovery Education will provide installation and professional development services for the winning schools. Rules and entry information can be found here.