Smart Classroom | News
Lectora Inspire 11 Debuts new Interface, Tools
Trivantis has released a new version of its e-learning software, which includes a new interface, wizards, and tools. Lectora Inspire Version 11, available now, comes with complete versions of Camtasia, Snagit, Flypaper, and ReviewLink.
Lectora Inspire is an online course authoring tool. Material created in Lectora can be published on AICC, and SCORM-based learning management systems, Tin Can learning record stores, and Web servers. It uses HTML5 and is available on tablets and smartphones. The Title Explorer allows teachers to view the whole structure of the course, and multi-object editing provides tools to move, update, and edit more than one object at a time.
New features include:
- A streamlined, redesigned interface, which includes access to design, button, and animation wizards, and progress bar, color selection, and translation tools;
- A question creator, which allows teachers to choose from a variety of question types, select feedback preferences, and monitor the number of student attempts at each question;
- A slide-out media library, which provides access to thousands of graphics and animations and more than 300 characters;
- Embedding of social media and RSS feeds in course portals;
- Monitoring of recording of student progress through Tin Can API support; and
- PowerPoint Import, which allows students to import presentations.
Lectora Version 11 is free for current customers on a maintenance plan.
To learn more about Lectora Version 11, visit lectora.com.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @editortim.