Smart Classroom Technologies | News
Dayspring Academy Implements 'Whole-School' Technology Program
Florida's Dayspring Academy Middle School has launched a school-wide technology program with the help of a technology integration company.
The charter school partnered with iSchool Campus to provide hardware, software and support throughout the school.
Features of iSchool Campus include:
- A 1:1 tablet implementation using any platform;
- Security for the tablets, both on and off campus, with a firewall and filtering;
- Apps for assignments, quizzes, discussion and collaboration and notifications;
- Real-time integration of assessment, assignments, learning management systems, analytics, instant messaging, textbooks and collaboration tools;
- A high-speed wireless connection in every classroom;
- Professional development;
- Interactive HD televisions and surround-sound in the classroom; and
- Around-the-clock ticket and phone support.
"Our students have definitely been more engaged and interactive since the deployment," said Sara Calleja, principal at dayspring Academy, in a prepared statement. "In addition, we have seen fewer discipline problems and disruptions in the classroom. The whole school technology program has allowed our teachers and students the ability to focus on new methods of interactive curriculum delivery and engaged learning."
More information is available at ischoolcampus.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.