Christie M Series Enhanced, Portrait Mode Added
- By Dian Schaffhauser
AV company Christie has upgraded a line of 3DLP projectors to add portrait mode, among other enhancements. The M Series now includes 18 models that are portrait capable and have an additional 500 hours of life in their 450-watt lamps. The enhanced projectors are upgradable to 3D.
Other features of the new models, according to the company, include:
- More user-friendly remote controls;
- A twin "DisplayPort" input card that accepts digital image data from one or two inputs;
- A dual mercury lamp that can run in single lamp mode for built-in redundancy or can be changed while the projector is in use;
- Embedded "Twist" image warping and blending to allow multiple curved images to fit any dimension or shape display;
- Optional "AutoStack" software to align the projector "in minutes";
- Multi-window processing for tiled arrays of projectors, each of which can show just a portion of the signal; and
- Embedded "LiteLOC" technology to manage light output.
The Christie M Series ships with a three-year parts and labor warranty.
Dian Schaffhauser is a senior contributing editor for 1105 Media's education publications THE Journal and Campus Technology. She can be reached at email@example.com or on Twitter @schaffhauser.