Library Management | News
Destiny 10.0 Adds Improved Search Class Scheduling
Follett Software will release Destiny 10.0, the latest version of its Web-based library and textbook automation platform, with more than 50 new features and enhancements, including a new mobile app, December 19.
The Destiny Quest Mobile App, for use with Destiny Library Manager's Destiny Quest search feature, will allow students, teachers, and librarians to search their school catalog, place items on hold, add books to their resource list, and view their account information from a smartphone or tablet computer.
Other features new to this version include:
- Improved accessibility through Destiny Quest, which allows students to research and make citations on e-books, videos, and other digital resources, view textbook checkouts, and navigate other library resources;
- New social networking management tools that allow librarians to delete comments and add recommendations instantly;
- A reading program service that directs students to books in their optimal reading zone;
- Improvements for future support of resource description and access (RDA) cataloging;
- Increased flexibility for class scheduling after the school year begins to accommodate students who transfer or drop classes;
- Enhanced search capabilities with new limiter options, improved grade-level alignment, and the ability to filter results by topic, format, source, domain, reading level, and language;
- The ability to track and distribute consumable items and remove them from user records after the specified due date; and
- Improved fine and renewal tracking.
"Destiny 10.0 is certainly one of our company's most exciting releases ever," said Don Rokusek, Follett Software's Destiny program director. "Most of the enhancements and features found in Destiny 10.0 are ones that our customers have been asking about, and they’re all included with the goal of supporting student and district success."
Timed to coincide with the winter break for convenient implementation, the upgrade will be available to Destiny customers current on their technical support free of charge.
For more information, visit follettsoftware.com.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.