'Win a Wireless Lab Sweepstakes' Entry Period Closes Friday
The 2009 Win a Wireless Lab Sweepstakes from Discovery Education and CDW Government (CDW-G) will close this week. CDW-G said response to this year's contest has tripled last year's, with 645,000 entries received, according to the company.
The Win a Wireless Lab sweepstakes will provide schools with classroom technologies and professional development to help teachers integrate technology in the classroom. The program will provide five $45,000 technology grants, which will include:
- A Discovery Education digital media grant;
- 20 notebook or tablet computers from HP, Lenovo, or Toshiba;
- One projector from Epson or NEC Solutions;
- One document camera from AVerMedia;
- One printer from Epson or HP;
- One camcorder from Sony;
- One interactive whiteboard from Promethean, or PolyVision;
- 20 Student Response Devices from Promethean, or PolyVision;
- Three wireless access points from D-Link, Linksys or Netgear; and
- A Bretford mobile cart.
In addition to the grand prizes, the companies will also award Epson or NEC projectors to 10 first-place winners, Acer or Sony laptops to 10 second-place winners, and Canon camcorders to five third-place winners.
CDW-G and Discovery Education will provide installation and professional development services for the winning schools.
Entries are due May 1. Rules and entry information can be found here.