Data | News
NY Education Department Adds Goal Setting Dashboard to Statewide Ed Data Portal
- By Sharleen Nelson
Beginning this fall, educators, parents, and students in school districts across New York State will have access to a goal-setting data dashboard available through the state's Web-based EngageNY instructional education data portal (EDP).
Funded through the United States Department of Education's Race to the Top grant, the New York State Education Department (NYSED) has selected the myTrack dashboard from data provider eScholar for the project. Through the grant's funding, the state's school districts, Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), and charter schools will be able to use eScholar myTrack for two years at no charge.
Part of eScholar's longitudinal data platform, myTrack provides a collaborative framework to help parents, students, teachers, councilors, and administrators create, track, and attain educational and instructional goals. Users will have the ability to craft personalized goals and strategies, monitor and measure progress, evaluate the effectiveness of programs, and support instructional programs to meet students' goals in a secure, online environment.
Key features include:
- The ability to measure historical data for academic progress and educational effectiveness;
- Longitudinal data for insight on student performance and preferences;
- The ability to track customized goals and progress for each student;
- The ability to deploy and monitor targeted strategies and programs for individual students or groups;
- Personalized education plans;
- Tools to help identify best practices; and
- Tools to help administrators manage and improve student-centric education programs.
To learn more about eScholar, visit escholar.com.
Sharleen Nelson is a freelance journalist based in Springfield, Oregon. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.