Epson Unveils New Large Venue Projector
Designed for large venues, the new Epson PowerLite 4770W 3LCD widescreen projector boasts 5,000 lumens of color brightness, 5,000 lumens of white brightness and WXGA resolution. It includes HDMI and DisplayPort connectivity to display content from nearly any device, plus with the Epson iProjection app, users can wirelessly display and control content from smartphones and tablets, according to a press release.
- Up to 70 percent vertical lens shift and 38 percent horizontal lens shift for image alignment;
- Faroudja DCDi Cinema video processing;
- Split screen capability, for projecting two images (video or still) side-by-side from two different sources simulatenously;
- Network management and control tools, including remote presentations, a built-in scheduling function, and the EasyMP Monitor tool for monitoring and controlling all networked Epson projectors, setting up e-mail notifications, and verifying and changing internal settings;
- Point and arc correction, which adjust each side of an image for a perfectly rectangular image;
- Centered lens design;
- Nine test patterns to check linearity, color reproduction, bleeding and tone production, including distortion detection; and
- Up to 5,000 hours of lamp life in ECO mode and 4,000 hours in Normal mode, with lamp and filter located on the side panel for easy access.
The Epson PowerLite 4770W comes with a two-year limited warranty that includes the company's Road Service projector replacement program, and a 90-day limited lamp warranty. For more information, visit the Epson site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at email@example.com.