Learning Management Systems
Moodle 3.0 Intros Quiz, Forum and Assignment Enhancements
Launched today, version 3.0 of the Moodle open source learning platform introduces enhancements to the quiz, forum and assignment modules as well as functionality improvements for user, instructor and administration control.
New features include:
- New interactive quiz question types;
- Editable forum e-mail templates;
- Ability to duplicate rows in assignment rubric interface;
- Ability for default dashboard changes to reset all user's dashboard;
- Ability to delete personal messages;
- Backup functionality with new logging system; and
- Ability for students to see each other's contact details without global permission if they are able to see each other's course profile.
Moodle 3.0 introduces new interactive quiz question types such as a "drag and drop onto image" format.
The release of Moodle 3.0 begins a new phase of Moodle development, according to Moodle HQ. Major new initiatives under way include support for competency-based education and better interfaces and analytics. In addition, a soon-to-be-launched Moodle Users Association will allow new development projects to be commissioned by the Moodle community.
Moodle 3.0 is available for download from the Moodle site or via the MoodleCloud service.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is editor in chief for Campus Technology. She can be reached at [email protected].