CTL Debuts New Rugged Chromebook for Education
CTL has introduced a new Chromebook, the CTL NL6x Extra-Rugged Chromebook for Education.
NL6x features a pressure-resistant cover that doubles as a whiteboard.
The company tested the sturdiness of the cover in house by having a
365-pound man stand on it, and the device survived without suffering
any damage. The cover is strengthened by "reinforced corners and the
ultra-protective cover that shields from pressure," according to a news
release from the company. It also includes reinforced ports, hinges and
power plug, non-slip texture and was tested to withstand drops up to 70
Other features of the CTL NL6x Extra-Rugged Chromebook for Education include:
- Intel Celeron N2940 quad-core processor;
- 11.6-inch, 1366 x 768 LED anti-glare screen;
- 16 gigabyte solid state drive;
- Full HDMI port, one USB 3.0 port, one USB 2.0 port, 2-in-1 card reader, and security lock slot;
- 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 wireless networking card with Bluetooth 4.05;
- 180-degree rotating camera with an optional snap-on magnification lens;
- Water resistant keyboard with anti-peel keys;
- Stronger, thicker rear cover plus a frame around the screen, sides and corners to help absorb shock;
- 180-degree hinge;
- Built-in retractable carry handle;
- Fanless design; and
- Up to 9.5 hours of battery life with serviceable battery.
CTL is offering the NL6x for $269 with a one-year warranty covering accidental damage.
More information about the CTL NL6x Extra-Rugged Chromebook for Education can be found on CTL's site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.