Learning Management Systems
D2L Introduces Brightspace Spring17
D2L is rolling out a number of upgrades to its flagship learning management system. Brightspace Spring17 is designed to make it "easier for instructors to reach every learner with an engaging and modern experience," according to the company.
Features of the Spring17 release include:
- A new Instructor Adoption Service provides planning sessions, surveys and collaborative development to help educators make the most of the technology.
- The new Brightspace Daylight user experience is now generally available. The user interface is designed to make it "easy and consistent" to use Brightspace on any device, and introduces "new workflows and usability improvements" for various functions.
- Improvements to quiz-building streamline the process of creating common quiz questions, "without sacrificing advanced options like contextual feedback based upon learner response, hints and weighting."
- The new Activity Feed (available for select customers at the end of April) provides learners with "one spot to read, communicate and engage in learning activities."
- With the Brightspace Pulse mobile app, students can "visualize their workload, stay on top of deadlines, keep up with discussions and read all their course notifications, including new grades," as well as view course content and complete their work, all on their mobile device.
- A new SCORM engine "provides full integration with all SCORM formats (a standard for packaging content) to make it easy to integrate off-the-shelf content from around the world."
For more information, go to the D2L site.
About the author: Rhea Kelly is executive editor for Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.