CUE PD Event to Help Teachers Displaced by Wildfires
Nonprofit education organization CUE will hold an event in February to raise money for educators in Northern California who have been displaced by the recent wildfires in the state.
The CUE Rockstar event will offer two days of professional development in Napa Valley for $179. With volunteer faculty, all of the proceeds will go toward helping affected educators.
As with all CUE Rockstar camps, the event will include faculty leaders, daily "shred lessons" where attendees can meet the faculty, 90-minute sessions with hands-on learning opportunities, the ability to make professional contacts and social media follow up.
Speakers and their sessions will include:
- Lindsey Blass, digital learning integration designer at San Francisco Unified School District, will present Rockstar Blended Learning and Getting Started with Game-Based Learning;
- Traci Bonde, CTO at Dublin Unified School District, hosting Space and Time: MakeyMakey + Scratch = Outta This World;
- Elizabeth Brumbaugh, formerly the teacher in residence at the Krause Center for Innovation, will host Lead from Behind: Empowering Innovative Adult Learners;
- CUE Interim Executive Director Jon Corripo will lead CraftED: A UDL Approach to ELA;
- Tom Covington, technology integration specialist at Bassett USD, will lead Jumping into Video Creation with Both Feet and Transforming Engagement with Audio and Video in the Classroom;
- Consultant Naomi Harm will host Learning with Your Peers: Creative Pineapple PD and Move over Millennials, Here Comes Generation Z;
- History Teacher John Miller will present Games and Literacy across the Curriculum and Minecraft: Play, Learn, Design;
- Michael Niehoff, career technical education manager at College of the Sequoias, will host Transforming the Student Experience with Project-Based Learning and Blogging for Beginners: Reflect, Create & Publish;
- Jeremiah Ruesch, teacher and math coordinator at Burton School District, will host 3 Lessons to Inspire Amazing Math Authors and Wonder Dots;
- CUE Director of Member Engagement Jason Seliskar will present Broadcast Student Learning through Mobile Video: Create Enhanced Video Projects Like a Pro; and
- Cate Tolnai, director on the Capitol CUE Board, will host You 2.0: Buddies, Brands & Badges.
For more information, or to register for the February 10-11 event, visit cue.org.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.