Site Executive 4 Expands Platform Support
Content management system developer Systems Alliance Tuesday launched a new version of its flagship Web CMS SiteExecutive. The latest release, version 4, includes expanded support for mobile devices for content delivery and multiple platforms for content authoring and also adds new optimization features.
SiteExecutive 4 expands its support for mobile devices with a new page attribute that assigns style sheets based on media type. On the content creation side, it expands its platform support to include Firefox 2.x for Mac OS X and Internet Explorer 6 and 7 for Windows XP and Vista. It also includes server support for Apache on Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux and both Apache and IIS on Windows.
Other new features include:
- A new XHTML-compliant editor;
- Built-in image resizing, scaling, and other transformations;
- Automatic version control for binary files;
- New capabilities for using div tags instead of tables for positioning;
- The ability to post messages to users on the SiteExecutive login screen;
- Built-in tools for search engine optimization;
- A new "Content Intelligence Module" for displaying content based on users' preferences; and
- A new "Classification Engine" for creating classification schemes for use with the Content Intelligence Module.
SiteExecutive 4 is available now. Information about SiteExecutive licensing and hosting options can be found on Systems Alliance's site, linked below.
READ MORE DAILY NEWS
About the author: David Nagel is the executive editor for 1105 Media's online education technology publications, including THE Journal and Campus Technology. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals for articles and tips for news stories, as well as questions and comments about this publication, should be submitted to David Nagel, executive editor, at email@example.com.