Jahia Community Edition 6 Expands Portal, Content Management Features
Jahia has released an update to its open source Web content management system, Jahia Community Edition 6, under GPLv2. The latest version expands the enterprise content management system's portal and document management features and also includes new Web 2.0 enhancements.
Jahia Community Edition is an open source platform that combines content management, document management, and portal capabilities. Version 6 includes new document management and portal features. The latest release eliminates Apache JetSpeed and replaces it with the Apache Pluto 2.0 component for portal implementation. It also uses the Google Web Toolkit framework to enable more rapid development of widgets within page templates.
Other new features include:
- Inline editing capabilities;
- AJAX-powered UI enhancements;
- Simplified URLs;
- Starter Kits that can be used to create live portals;
- Support for multiple themes based on devices or renderers;
- Integrated Google Analytics support;
- Customizable toolbars;
- Support for OpenSearch;
- New comparison features;
- Advanced search form enhancements;
- Centralized notification and subscriptions;
- Full WebDAV access; and
- New Mashup wizards.
A complete list of new features can be found here.
Jahia Community Edition 6 is available now for download. Further information, including an online demonstration of the system's capabilities, can be found here.