Storage | News
BridgeSTOR Launches iSCSI/NAS and DPM Storage Appliances
The 2U BridgeSTOR AOS High Density Network Storage Appliance supports up to 128 TB of dynamic virtual capacity with RAID 6 dual-parity protection.
BridgeSTOR has launched two new additions to its family of application optimized storage (AOS) products: the BridgeSTOR AOS High Density DPM Storage Appliance (for Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager) and the AOS High Density Network Storage Appliance.
These two new BridgeSTOR AOS appliances enable DPM and iSCSI/NAS users to reduce their storage capacity needs by up to 75 percent. BridgeSTOR accomplished this reduction by incorporating a specialized processor that operates in the data path to perform inline data deduplication and compression before storing the data on the disk drives. For high availability applications, optional dual-active configurations are also available.
These appliances also have a much smaller data center footprint and require only one-quarter of the power and air conditioning of traditional storage products with equivalent capacities.
Key features of the BridgeSTOR AOS High Density DPM Storage Appliance include:
- Up to 80 TB of DPM RAID 6-protected storage capacity;
- Combined inline, block-level, ASIC-accelerated data deduplication, compression, and AES 256 encryption;
- Fault tolerance and scalability; and
- Up to 90 percent reduction in System Center Data Protection Manager storage and operational costs.
Key features of the BridgeSTOR AOS High Density Network Storage Appliance include:
- Up to 128 TB of dynamic virtual capacity with RAID 6 dual-parity protection;
- Up to 64 TB in 2U with operational expansion via SAS to as much as 128 TB; and
- HP server hardware combined with Microsoft Windows Storage Server 2008 R2, BridgeSTOR VS-ADR, and iSCSI target.
BridgeSTOR AOS High Density storage products start at less than $20,000 and are available now through select BridgeSTOR channel partners. Further information can be found here.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].