Assessment & Accountability | News
Lexia Unveils Student Data App
Lexia has released the MyLexia app for iOS devices to provide mobile access to the Concord, MA company's Assessment Without Testing technology.
Assessment Without Testing is designed to predict students' chances of reaching end-of-year benchmarks, and makes instruction recommendations by subject and skill to improve performance on grade-level assessments.
Features of MyLexia App include:
- Keeping records of students' Lexia Reading software activity and results;
- Comparing individual performance to national benchmarks;
- Notifying teachers when students earn a certificate of achievement, which can be sent to parents via e-mail, or printed wirelessly;
- A detailed view of each student's performance, including a prediction of his or her percent chance of reaching end-of-year, grade-level benchmark; and
- Access for administrators to see students' probability of reaching grade-level benchmarks by class or grade.
Lexia Reading provides practice on the reading skills of phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension grades for pre-K-4, and at-risk students in grades 4-12.
The app, which requires iOS 4.0 or later, is available for free in the Apple App store, but requires a subscription to Lexia Reading software.
For more information, visit the lexialearning.com.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @editortim.