Professional Development | News
Teachscape Releases Mobile Observation Technology
Teachscape has unveiled Teachscape Reflect Live, technology that lets administrators use Internet-connected tablet devices and laptop computers for teacher observations, from planning through post-observation conferences.
Features of Reflect Live include:
- The ability to take notes live during teacher observations from a mobile device or laptop;
- Scheduling and planning observations;
- The ability to request a pre-observation form from the teacher, including lesson artifacts and samples of student work;
- Charlotte Danielson's Framework for Teaching, which is pre-loaded. Teachers can also load any rubric, and pre- and post-observation forms;
- Associating evidence collected to framework components;
- Reporting tools that allow users to see a teacher's self-review and observer feedback side-by-side, summarize strengths and weaknesses, and document recommendations; and
- Stored observation data for measuring teaching effectiveness trends, and viewing results across a school or district.
The Charlotte Danielson Framework for Teaching is a set of components of instruction, aligned to standards developed by the Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium, and grounded in a constructivist view of learning and teaching. The framework can be used as the foundation of a school or district’s mentoring, coaching, professional development, and teacher evaluation processes.
For more information, visit teachscape.com.
Tim Sohn is a 10-year veteran of the news business, having served in capacities from reporter to editor-in-chief of a variety of publications including Web sites, daily and weekly newspapers, consumer and trade magazines, and wire services. He can be reached at [email protected] and followed on Twitter @editortim.