LMS | News
ROADS Adds Text-to-Speech, Tutoring to Version 3.0
Online education provider Advanced Academics has launched version 3.0 of ROADS, the company's learning management system (LMS).
ROADS 3.0 features a new look, improved navigation, and the ability for students to customize their learning environment. Also new to this version are an instant chat tutoring service and a text-to-speech tool capable of reading course materials, PDFs, and other documents aloud to students.
Other features new to version 3.0 include:
- A redesigned home page with student information, course status, e-mail, announcements, and frequently used tools displayed in a dashboard format;
- Student progress reports with course information including completion percentage, time spent on lessons and assessments, grades, and progress milestones;
- The ability for students to earn points that can be redeemed in the ROADS store for prizes such as personalized backgrounds, avatars, and clocks that count down to their birthday or graduation;
- A color-coded calendar;
- The ability to search course materials by key word;
- A resource library with reference tools such as glossaries, wikis, language translators, encyclopedias, and dictionaries; and
- A portal that allows parents to see progress reports and calendars.
"The enhancements we've made to our LMS greatly improve the student experience while maintaining high quality and rigor," said Jeffrey Elliott, Advanced Academics president. "The all-new interface promotes engagement by giving students greater control over their learning environment, as well as providing access to real-time progress updates. The new text-to-speech tool and additional tutoring will lead to even greater student success."
More information is available at advancedacademics.com.
Joshua Bolkan is the multimedia editor for Campus Technology and THE Journal. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.