LMS | News
Desire2Learn Forms Alliance with Microsoft To Extend Cloud-Based Products
Desire2Learn, a provider of enterprise teaching and learning platforms for K-12 and higher education institutions, has signed a four-year Windows Azure global alliance agreement with Microsoft.
Desire2Learn was already a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, and this new agreement takes the relationship between the two companies to the next level. As a result of the agreement, Desire2Learn's cloud-based technology will be promoted through the Windows Azure platform. It will also add flexibility to Desire2Learn's cloud-based products and services. Desire2Learn will integrate its products and services with the Windows Azure platform and will offer a wider range of hosting and accessibility options to the educational institutions it serves.
The Desire2Learn suite of educational software products and services includes:
- Learning Environment, a learning management system that includes course building, reporting, assessment, and collaboration tools;
- ePortfolio, a social learning tool that enables students to store, organize, reflect on, and share their learning portfolios;
- Analytics, a statistical analysis tool for educators and administrators;
- Learning Repository, a digital library for course resources;
- Mobile, which provides access to courses, services, and resources on tablets and smartphones; and
- Capture, a webcasting tool.
Desire2Learn also provides a number of services to support and customize its products for its customers.
"Institutional leaders are faced with a rapidly changing educational landscape. Securing this alliance with Microsoft allows us greater flexibility in delivering world-class solutions to our clients," said Jeremy Auger, chief technology officer and executive vice president of Desire2Learn. "This integration is a great showcase of our commitment to building an open platform for education and a strong partner ecosystem to support our clients as they strive to achieve their vision for teaching and learning."
About the Author
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].