IT Management | News
Alloy Rolls Out New Version of Alloy Navigator Enterprise
Alloy Software has released a new version of its IT service and asset management suite, Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise.
According to a press release from the company, Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise enables IT teams to manage the life cycles of computer equipment, such as workstations, servers, and other network devices, and also to manage software licenses, service history, contracts, warranties, and financial information.
New features in version 6.5 streamline tasks by providing at-a-glance views of upcoming events, facilitate feedback through ratings of customer service and knowledge base articles, and automate incoming task assignment.
"Our mission with Alloy Navigator 6.5 was to help companies overcome the obstacles preventing them from seeing the big picture by utilizing a series of well-designed features used to gather, manage, and analyze what IT does and how IT does it, so they can inevitably understand how to improve their business," said Vladimir Vinogradsky, President and CEO of Alloy Software, in a prepared statement.
New features in Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise include:
- Calendar Views, which provide an at-a-glance view of tickets that are due, expiring contracts, and other upcoming events;
- Customer Satisfaction Surveys, which enables people to rate the service they received and IT personnel to analyze the ratings;
- Self-Service Portal Manager Access, which enables managers to to monitor their team's activity;
- Ability for people to rate Knowledge Base articles so help desk managers can evaluate the effectiveness of the articles;
- Auto-Assignment, which automatically assigns incoming tasks;
- Workload Balancing, which works together with Auto-Assignment to help ensure the task assignments are balanced across technicians;
- Improved software license management;
- Drill-down, filtering, and grid views for dashboards;
- Support for hypervisors, such as Microsoft Hyper-V, WMware ESX/ESXi, Xen, and Citrix XenServer;
- Improved SNMP v3 authentication, privacy settings, and automatic device import; and
- Multi-language support and anonymous access for the self-service portal.
Further information about Alloy Navigator 6.5 Enterprise is available at alloy-software.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].