TeachPoint Launches Professional Development Tracking Tool
TeachPoint has launched the Professional Development Tracking Tool, a solution
designed to track, manage and streamline the PD process for schools.
The PD Tracking Tool is offered alongside TeachPoint's Evaluation Tool, which is available via any Internet-connected device and aims to
encourage evaluator collaboration while providing data to measure teacher effectiveness.
- A dashboard designed to allow the school office to create and manage PD events and registration and approve credits from a central
- The ability for school principals to launch in-school PD events and generate and distribute attendance certificates;
- The ability for teachers and staff to easily browse and sign up for events or request permission to attend events outside of the school or
- The ability to gather attendee feedback via templates or customized questionnaires; and
- A dashboard for teachers and staff allows users to track any credits needed for recertification.
"At Webster Public Schools, we had a vision to link professional development to
the evaluation process and spoke with TeachPoint about our needs in this area," said Andrew Kelley, director of curriculum and instruction at
Webster Public Schools, in a prepared statement. "TeachPoint delivered on our request and now we have a centralized process to manage
professional development and automate activities such as certificate generation. Further, the tool aids in a teacher's ability to achieve
exemplary status, an often hard-to-obtain rating in Massachusetts, since teachers can leverage the tool to host their own PD events — and
teach their peers."
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at [email protected].