Learning Management Systems
Schoology Integrates Assessment Management Platform with LMS
Schoology has launched Assessment Management Platform (AMP), a tool that combines the company's learning management system (LMS) with institution-wide assessment management tools.
"This combined system brings together student learning experiences with comprehensive institution-wide assessment and actionable reporting, so that the same system teachers use to deliver curriculum can also be used to assess student progress and preparedness," according to a news release. "The functionality can be used not only across a district, but also at the building, department or even professional learning community (PLC) levels."
Features of AMP include:
- Tools for collaborating on assessment authoring;
- The ability to import item banks;
- The ability to align assessments to standards and curricula;
- Tools to align assignments to rubrics;
- A versioning tool that allows users to push updates and revisions to sections or classes; and
- The ability to analyze individual scores or aggregated data.
"We needed the ability, at the district level, to create and deploy periodic district-wide assessments," said Kellie Ady, instructional technology coordinator at Cherry Creek School District, which piloted AMP, in a prepared statement. "Schoology's addition of the assessment management platform gives us the ability to make periodic district-wide assessments that have been, up to now, difficult to set up and deliver."
About the Author
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at [email protected].