Office & Productivity Tools | News
California District Outsources Printing Management To Increase Efficiency, Save Money
Rialto Unified School District (RUSD) in California has chosen to use Enterprise Print Services (EPS) from Xerox in order to streamline its inhouse printing services and save money in the process. Using what the company called "print governance," the program will manage the workflow, budgeting, and maintenance of the district's full range of printing output devices, such as copiers and printers, and operating software.
"With stretched budgets and staff we can't be doing what others can do more efficiently and more cost-effectively," said Joseph Davis, deputy superintendent of RUSD. "Xerox is solving our business problems so we can stay focused on educating our 27,000 students--and saving valuable budget dollars that can now be redirected to student programs and employee retention."
Using both software and onsite consulting with company document advisors, the EPS program will assume a range of printing-related functions for RUSD, including:
- Implementing automated, rules-based settings for more cost- and time-efficient printing decisions;
- Managing departmental printing budgets and set budgeting guidelines;
- Using Xerox DocuShare, converting existing paper records to digital documents for easier management, sharing, and storage;
- Selecting printing materials that will allow the district to be more environmentally conscious; and
- Tracking printing and process costs and make recommendations on an ongoing basis for saving money and time.
Scott Aronowitz is a freelance writer based in Las Vegas. He has covered the technology, advertising, and entertainment sectors for seven years. He can be reached here.