Presentation & Display
Kensington Debuts New Wireless Presenter
Kensington has unveiled a new tool, the PresentAir Pro Bluetooth 4.0 LE Presenter, to present, control or edit media.
Features of the wireless presenter include:
- Free downloadable companion software that allows users to customize button operations;
- Bluetooth connectivity, eliminating the need for a USB port on the computer it's paired with;
- Three modes of use — presenter, which can support multiple profiles for different presenters' needs, media, which provides volume and playlist controls, and custom;
- A laser pointer;
- The ability to function as a touch-activated stylus with tablets; and
- Compatibillity "with Android™ 4.4 and above, Windows® 8.1 and above and iOS 8 and above running Microsoft® PowerPoint,", according to a news release.
"While the proliferation of ultrabooks and tablets is on the rise in business, they come with limitations — less USB ports, which confines expansion capabilities, and limited video ports, which restricts presentation options," said Louie Yao, global product manager at Kensington, in a prepared statement. "We've designed the PresentAir Pro to offset these limitations, giving users expanded flexibility for presentation delivery with the next generation of computing devices, as well as unparalleled customization capabilities that give users more control over how they use the presenter to be as productive as possible."
The PresentAir Pro is available for preorder now and will be generally available in November. It retails for $59.99. More information is available at kensington.com.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.