Performance Matters Launches Classroom Observation Tool
Performance Matters has introduced Truenorthlogic Observation, an online system for conducting classroom observations, collecting evidence and sharing feedback.
The tool is the latest addition to the company's Performance Matters Educator Growth Platform, which includes Truenorthlogic PD, Truenorthlogic Evaluation, Truenorthlogic Calibration and now Truenorthlogic Observation.
Observation is designed to replace paper-based classroom observations
and lets districts design custom observations form templates to
replicate paper-based forms so they can maintain their existing
observation instruments. Districts can also use it to schedule
observations and link observation results directly to professional
For observers, Truenorthlogic
Observation offers scripting, one-click rating tools and the ability to
share notes, ratings and evidence with teachers. The system's dashboard
lets teachers view their observation results.
Key features of Truenorthlogic Observation include:
- Observation form templates, including ratings, scales and scoring capabilities;
- Self-service observation designer tool for observation workflows;
- Ability to recommend or require professional development based on observed areas of need;
- Single-click access to observation history, upcoming observation events and new observation sessions;
- Note-taking and evidence collection with timestamps, auto-saving and data export options for offline sharing;
- Individual or grouped note, rating and evidence-sharing with participants;
- Observation time-keeping;
- Import tool for scripts from Microsoft Word or a text editor; and
- Drag-and-drop support from imported text to evidence fields.
Further information about Truenorthlogic Observation can be found on the Performance Matters site.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at email@example.com.