Learning Management Systems | News
Edvance360 6.0 Gets Streamlined Mobile Access, Course Content Cloning
Edvance360 has released version 6.0 of its flagship learning management system, Edvance360 LMS-SN. The new release expands mobile access to the online systems and adds enhancements for cloning courses and sending out notifications and reminders to users.
Edvance360 LMS-SN (formerly known as Scholar360) combines course management, social networking, and Web 2.0 tools in a secure, online hosted learning environment that provides collaboration tools, support for distance education, course and lesson creation, extensive grade and assessment tools, and tracking and report generation, among other capabilities.
The new 6.0 release includes an enhanced edition of the software for use across mobile devices, with support for various types of alerts--course reminders, community notifications, and system alerts--access to social networking features, mailbox access, calendar synchronization, and the ability to view grades.
New notification agents allow users to send and schedule automatic reminders to students about assignments or other types of work and to receive notifications on the progress of student work (including student inactivity).
Other new features include:
- Abuse reporting and management tools;
- Support for cloning individual content items across courses (and within individual courses);
- Support for transferring "ownership" of content during cloning;
- Enhanced text formatting capabilities;
- New RSS feed widgets for course and community pages;
- Support for exporting to Common Cartridge format; and
- The added ability for instructors to download files from the repository in bulk.
Edvance360 LMS-SN is available now. Further information, including a complete list of new features, can be found here.