- 1-4, Miami Beach, Fla. Conference on Information Technology, Fontainebleau Hilton Resort and Towers, sponsored by League for Innovation in the Community College. Contact: (714) 367-2884, www.league.org.
- 1-5, Monterey, Calif. Internet Librarian '98, The Internet Conference and Exhibition for Librarians and Information Managers, Monterey Conference Center, sponsored by Information Today. Contact: (800) 300-9868.
- 1-5, San Francisco, Calif. Ninth Annual PeopleSoft Users Conference, Moscone Center, sponsored by PeopleSoft and Edelman Public Relations Worldwide. Contact: Emma Duckenfield, (650) 968-4033.
- 3-5, Honolulu, Hawaii. TechNet Asia-Pacific '98 Conference and Exposition, "Evolving Technology &emdash; Effects on Doctrine and Organization in the Pacific," Sheraton Waikiki Hotel, sponsored by AFCEA. Contact: (800) 564-4220.
- 4-7, St. Paul, Minn. Healthy Communities &emdash; Healthy Youth, Radisson Hotel St. Paul, sponsored by Search Institute. Contact: www.search-institute.org.
- 4-7, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. The Co-NECT Schools Fifth Annual Technology & Learning Conference, Wyndham Hotel, sponsored by Co-NECT. Contact: Vicki Smith Bigham, (281) 999-7932, www.co-nect.com.
- 5-6, Alexandria, Va. Grants & Funding for School Technologies: Proven Strategies for Capturing Your Piece of the $30 Billion Pie, Radisson Plaza Hotel, sponsored by eSchool News. Contact: (800) 394-0115 ext. 104, www.eschoolnews.org/conf/g-f.html.
- 5-7, Baltimore, Md. Making Connections, A National Conference on Science, Mathematics, and Technology Education, the Park School, sponsored by Lockheed Martin and Fisher Science Education. Contact: (800) 877-4942, www.parkcce.org/connections.
- 6-7, Jefferson City, Tenn. The Consortium for Computing in Small Colleges: Southeastern Conference, Carson College, sponsored by the Consortium for Computing in Small Colleges. Contact: (704) 825-6670, www.furman.edu/~treu/.
- 7-12, Orlando, Fla. WebNet 98 &emdash; World Conference of the WWW, Internet, and Intranet, Holiday Inn International Drive Resort, sponsored by AACE. Contact: (804) 973-3987, www.aace.org/conf/webnet.
- 8-13, Nashville, Tenn. 19th Global Electronic Document Systems Conference & Exhibit, Opryland, sponsored by Xplor International. Contact: (800) 669-7567, www.xplor.org.
- 12-13, Randolph, Mass. New England Kindergarten Conference, "Serving PreK-Grade 3 programs," Lantana-Holiday Inn-Lombardo's Complex, sponsored by Lesley College. Contact: (617) 349-8922, email@example.com.
- 19-21, New Orleans, La. NSSEA Fall Tradeshow & Education Conference, New Orleans Convention Center, sponsored by the National School Supply and Equipment Association. Contact: (800) 395-5550, www.nssea.org.
- 22-24, Albany, N.Y. New York State Computers & Technologies in Education 33rd Annual Conference, "Access '98 Sharing Information and Resources Through Technology," Empire State Plaza. Contact: Bernie Tomaso, (315) 776-4731, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8-10, London, England. Online Information 98, National Hall & Olympia Conference Centre, sponsored by Learned Information. Contact: Jill Cousins, +44 (0) 1865-388000, email@example.com.
- 8-11, Los Angeles, Calif. Government, Business & Education Tech Expo '98, Los Angeles Convention Center, sponsored by Los Angeles County. Contact: (800) 474-3976, www.gbet.com.
- 26-28, Greenville, S.C. SOUTH-TEC Greenville Advanced Productivity Exposition, Palmetto Expo Center, sponsored by the Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME). Contact: SME Customer Service Dept., (800) 773-4763, www.sme.org.
- 28-30, San Francisco, Calif. Technology, Reading & Learning Difficulties, Grand Hyatt San Francisco, sponsored by Educational Computer Conferences. Contact: (888) 594-1249, www.trld.com.
- 17-20, Los Angeles, Calif. CABE '99, Bilingual Education: Creating Voices for the Future, Los Angeles Convention Center, sponsored by California Association for Bilingual Education. Contact: (213) 532-3850, www.bilingualeducation.org.
- 18-20, Denver, Colo. 1999 School Equipment Show, Denver Convention Center, sponsored by the National School Supply & Equipment Association. Contact: (800) 395-5550, www.nssea.org.
- 23-26, St. Charles, Ill. The Role of Technology in Education IXX, "The Community Connection," Pheasant Run Resort & Convention Center. Contact: Cheryl Spears, (847) 419-5065, ext. 34.
- 24-26, Washington, D.C. Fourth Annual Conference on K-12 School Networking: Learning for All in the Digital Age, Renaissance Hotel, sponsored by the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN). Contact: (202) 462-9043, www.cosn.org.
- 1-3, Vancouver, British Columbia. Thirteenth International Conference and Workshops on Applied Geologic Remote Sensing, Hotel Vancouver, sponsored by ERIM International, Inc. Contact: (734) 994-1200, ext. 3234, www.erim-int.com/CONF/GRS.html.
- 4-7, Louisville, Ky. Kentucky Education Technology Conference, "Promoting the Entepreneurial Spirit," Commonwealth Convention Center, sponsored by the Kentucky Department of Education. Contact: (502) 564-7168, www.kde.state.ky.us/ketc99.
- 10-12, West Chester, Pa. Satellites and Education Conference XII, Sykes Student Union Building, sponsored by West Chester University. Contact: Nancy McIntyre, (610) 436-2393, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 11-13, Atlanta, Ga. Ed Expo '99, the Georgia World Congress Center, sponsored by the National School Supply and Equipment Association (NSSEA). Contact: (800) 495-5550, www.nssea.org.
- 27-30, Indianapolis, Ind. The International Technology Education Association's 61st Annual Conference and Exhibits, "Creating a World Class Profession," Indiana Convention Center, sponsored by the International Technology Association (ITEA). Contact: (703) 860-4924, www.iteawww.org.
This article originally appeared in the 10/01/1998 issue of THE Journal.