MathWorks Bundles Addons with MATLAB & Simulink Student Version
The MathWorks (Natick, MA) has upgraded its MATLAB & Simulink Student Version, which combines its MATLAB and Simulink offerings, by bundling it with various software addons.
MATLAB & Simulink Student Version helps students become proficient using the same tools that engineers and scientists use to solve their most challenging technical computing problems and design dynamic control, signal processing, and communications systems.
The additional tools, previously available as individually offerings, extend MATLAB and Simulink by adding various capabilities:
- A toolbox for designing and analyzing control systems.
- A toolbox for performing signal processing, analysis, and algorithm development.
- A signal processing blockset for designing and simulating signal processing systems and devices.
- A toolbox for applying statistical algorithms and probability models.
- A toolbox for solving standard and large-scale optimization problems.
- A toolbox for performing image processing, analysis, and algorithm development.
- A toolbox functions for performing computations using symbolic mathematics and variable-precision arithmetic.
Available now for Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux systems, the software bundle also includes three manuals and the software DVD contains complete product documentation. MATLAB & Simulink Student Version is priced at $99 for students.
:: READ MORE DAILY NEWS ::
About the author: David Kopf is a freelance technology writer and editor and can be reached at [email protected].
Have any additional questions? Want to share your story? Want to pass along a news tip? Contact Dave Nagel, executive editor, at [email protected].
David Kopf is a freelance technology writer and marketing consultant, and can be reached at [email protected].