Learning Resources | News
Scholastic Updates Grolier Online
Scholastic has released a new version of Grolier Online, the company's online database of nonfiction content for grades 3 and up.
The new version adds separate portals for elementary, middle, and high school students, public library patrons, and librarians and educators. Other new features include:
- 120,000 updated articles aligned to national and state standards, with Common Core State Standards-alignment coming in the summer;
- 340,000 curated Web links;
- The ability to search content by Lexile or reading level;
- A database of more than 1,100 international newspapers in 73 languages;
- 1,200 clickable maps linked to articles; and
- A collection of debate questions and current event topics.
Grolier Online's databases include three general reference encyclopedias, two science encyclopedias, two social studies encyclopedias, and a Spanish-language encyclopedia.
Free trials and price quotes for Grolier Online are available here.
Joshua Bolkan is contributing editor for Campus Technology, THE Journal and STEAM Universe. He can be reached at email@example.com.