IT Trends | News
Infoblox Enhances DDI Solution for IPv6 Transition
Infoblox has rolled out an enhanced version of its DDI (DNS, DHCP, and IP address management) solution, which automates and manages the transition from IPv4 to IPv6.
New features include DHCP for IPv6, which enables automated IP address assignment for IPv6 equipment, and DNS64 support, which provides IP address translation between IPv6 devices and legacy IPv4 devices. These features help ensure that organizations can adopt IPv6 addressing in their networks without losing connectivity to equipment that cannot be upgraded to IPv6.
These new features are now available in Infoblox's NIOS (network infrastructure operating software) appliances and vNIOS virtual appliances, including vNIOS for VMware, Riverbend Steelhead, and Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR).
Key IPv6 features of Infoblox DDI solutions include:
- AAAA records for DNS resolution;
- Dual-stack IPv4 and IPv6 IP address management from a single interface;
- Task delegation and automation for complex addressing tasks;
- Automated IPv6 network change and configuration management;
- DHCP IP address assignment for IPv6 networks; and
- DNS64 support for translation between IPv6 and IPv4 network devices.
Further information about Infoblox DDI solutions can be found here.
About the Author
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].