Information Technology | News
Adaptiva Revs IT Systems Management Software Suite
Adaptiva has launched a new edition of its IT Systems Management Software Suite for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (SCCM), which is designed to help IT administrators streamline the network management process.
The suite consists of three Adaptiva products: OneSite, Client Health, and Green Planet. According to a news release from the company, OneSite delivers content anywhere, anytime without affecting network performance, Client Health identifies "troubled devices" and resolves issues, and Green Planet manages PC power consumption without unplugging users.
IT administrators can use these tools to manage their network with a single server, workbench, or client agent, according to the company. Users can download the Adaptiva agent and use it to activate software products by entering a license key in the Adaptiva Workbench. According to Adaptiva, this functionality eliminates the need to manage multiple products with separate agents or user interface consoles from multiple vendors.
Key features of the updated IT Systems Management Software Suite include:
- Adaptive protocol that automatically distributes content using harvested network bandwidth, protecting the WAN links, and ensuring rapid content replications across global networks;
- Caching file system that harvests unused storage and caches data on client machines;
- Read/write capable virtual storage area network (SAN) that creates unlimited storage in each network location by combining individual client caches;
- Ability to back up settings and user data using OneSite's virtual SAN;
- Native peer-to-peer App-V streaming that delivers content through a server without the need for distribution points;
- Business process integration, including a built-in workflow engine and designer; and
- Full 64-bit support for improved performance and scalability.
Further information about Adaptiva's IT Systems Management Software Suite for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager can be found at adaptiva.com.
Leila Meyer is a technology writer based in British Columbia. She can be reached at [email protected].