Videotel Builds 'Industrial-grade' Digital Signage Media Player
- By Dian Schaffhauser
Digital signage company Videotel has produced a new media player intended to simplify video looping and run 24 hours a day. Features of the $298 VP70XD industrial-grade digital media player include:
- Auto-looping of video, audio, photos and other images singly or in a mix and with varying slideshow transitions;
- The ability to read directly from a USB or SD card;
- Incorporation of audio files for background sound;
- HDMI resolution of 720 pixels, 720 interlaced, 1080p and 1080i;
- VGA resolutions of 1024x768 and 1366x768;
- Screensaver options;
- A USB 2.0 jack; and
- A two-year warranty.
The player singly weighs 6.2 ounces and has a footprint of 3 15/16" x 3 1/8". The box includes a remote control, an external power supply, an SD card drive, a six-foot HDMI cable and a six-foot male RCA to male RCA audio and video cable.
Dian Schaffhauser is a senior contributing editor for 1105 Media's education publications THE Journal and Campus Technology. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @schaffhauser.