FETC 2017 Coverage
Dremel Donates 70 3D Printers to 35 K–12 Schools and Universities
Dremel, a manufacturer of tools and printers, has donated 70 3D printers to 35 schools and universities nationwide in its #LearnMakeGive contest.
Selected through public voting, the winning designs reflect the creativity and ingenuity of 3D-printed ideas that give back to schools and communities.
Each institution will receive two Dremel Idea Builder 3D printers and filament.
Educators were invited to submit their classroom’s model, sketch or CAD design of a 3D object and accompanying description detailing how the “print” will make a positive impact. Submitted ideas were then subject to a one-week period of daily public voting, with total votes surpassing 6,000.
Winning ideas include donated prosthetics, school-wide “pay it forward” campaigns and community volunteer efforts — including helping injured animals.
A complete list of winning schools and universities is provided below.
Dremel and ed tech services company Follett announced Tuesday that they are partnering to provide more 3D printers to the K–12 school market.
Dremel is exhibiting this week at the Future of Education Technology Conference in booth 644. For more information about the company, visit its website. For more information on the Dremel Idea Builder 3D printer, visit this site.
Here are the winning schools and universities:
- Belvidere Star School, Belvidere, IL
- Charter High School for Architecture and Design, Philadelphia, PA
- Cimarron Springs Elementary, Surprise, AZ
- Delaware Design-Lab High School, Newark, DE
- Eisenhower Elementary, Clearwater, FL
- Hampstead Middle School, Hampstead, NH
- Highview School, Hartsdale, NY
- Imaculata High School, Somerville, NJ
- Jane Addams Middle School, Lawndale, CA
- KIPP Generations, Houston, TX
- KIPP Houston High School, Houston, TX
- Mapleton Elementary School, Ashland, OH
- Marinette High School, Marinette, WI
- Meadow View Elementary, Oconomowoc, WI
- Mishicot High School, Mishicot, WI
- Monte Sano Elementary School, Huntsville, AL
- Morris County School of Technology, Denville, NJ
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
- Otsego Public Schools, Otsego, MI
- Pleasantville High School, Pleasantville, NJ
- Quantum Academy, Escondido, CA
- Sevastopol School District, Sturgeon Bay, WI
- Southfield Christian School, Southfield, MI
- St. Austin Catholic School, Austin, TX
- Stillwater Christian School, Kalispell, MT
- Summer Academy of Arts and Science, Kansas City, KS
- Taos Academy, Taos, NM
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Green Bay, WI
- Vilonia High School, Vilonia, AR
- Warren ISD, Warren, TX
- West Charter University, West Chester, PA
- West Education Center, Minnetonka, MN
Richard Chang is associate editor of THE Journal. He can be reached at [email protected].