Digital Media Creation
Apple Pitches Video/Music Production Education Bundle
- By Dian Schaffhauser
A $200 education bundle introduced last month by Apple gives buyers access to the regular versions of five applications used in video and music production:
- Final Cut Pro X, for professional-grade video editing;
- Logic Pro X, for advanced music production;
- Motion 5, a motion graphics tool for producing animated 3D titles, transitions and "realistic" effects for Final Cut Pro X;
- Compressor 4, an encoding component for Final Cut Pro X that allows the user to package creations for the iTunes Store; and
- MainStage 3, an app for taking sound produced with Logic Pro X to the live stage.
The bundle, which is being sold for $199.99, would normally be priced at about $630. Final Cut Pro X by itself sells for $299.99.
The education pricing is available for college and K-12 students, students accepted into college, families buying for their students, instructors, homeschool teachers and educational institutions. After purchase, the buyer will receive an email containing codes to redeem the apps through Apple's Mac App Store.
Dian Schaffhauser is a former senior contributing editor for 1105 Media's education publications THE Journal, Campus Technology and Spaces4Learning.