Optoma Unveils Microsoft-Powered, Cloud-Based Remote Management Solution for Displays
- By Kristal Kuykendall
Display manufacturer Optoma has launched a cloud-based version of its Optoma Management Suite that is powered by Microsoft Azure and offers streamlined, real-time monitoring, diagnosing, and controlling of connected audio-visual displays via a single platform, according to a news release.
The OMS platform is compatible with other displays connected via PJLink, enabling IT managers to integrate the solution with existing display fleets regardless of manufacturer, Optoma said. OMS allows admins to set varying levels of access and control for users on each connected display, ensuring devices are securely managed no matter where they’re located, the company said.
OMS enables IT managers to see the status of display devices and adjust configurations to optimize performance, from within the admin dashboard, Optoma said. The cloud version of OMS also offers the following admin functions:
- Dispatch and broadcast emergency messages, alerts, and announcements across any connected display worldwide.
- Schedule future announcements and alerts across any connected display.
- Remotely program and schedule devices for usage only during primary operating hours.
- Implement immediate shutdown for emergencies.
- Set up 24/7 monitoring and real-time alerts in the event of problems or usage interruptions.
- Clone OSD settings to reduce installation and implementation time.
"The collaboration with Optoma and Microsoft marks an important milestone in our IoT business’ partnership and boosts Optoma’s capabilities to focus on end customers and IoT operations at scale,” said Microsoft Internet of Things Solutions manager Jenna Lee.
Learn more at the OMS website.
About the Author
Kristal Kuykendall is editor, 1105 Media Education Group. She can
be reached at [email protected].